For our North American Business Unit, we are looking for a:
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER, NORTH AMERICA
Reporting to the VP, North America | Manages in the designated Supply Chain area the regional Supply Chain Buyers & Planners, the regional logistics manager and warehouse operations.
Located in Charlotte, NC
The Regional Supply Chain Manager provides leadership, business and customer insight and develops innovative supply chain solutions that enable growth and enhance the customer experience. The Regional Supply Chain Manager’s key objective is to minimise inventory whilst ensuring delivery service to customers.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process owner S&OP, supply planning and delivery of performance for region; this includes Demand Planning, Warehousing/Logistics and Supply Planning functions. Ensure updated forecasted information is present and align the supply & demand with other functions/departments in the organization;
- Manage, coach, lead and develop the Supply Chain team to deliver all objectives and KPIs;
- Drive site new product introduction & customer categorization and develop purchasing strategies for each category accordingly
- Develops and managers raw material procurement strategy for the region; this includes vendor selection and evaluation, price negotiations and supplier issue remediation.
- Drive MRP parameter & planning strategy, develop overall plan that prioritizes operations based on customer need and operations efficiencies; drive master data improvements and provide best practice deployment into the region.
- Effective communication and cooperation between Planning, Sales / Customer Service and Logistics.
- Work with Regional Sales, Plant and/or Logistics Managers to ensure supply planning is aligned to the service level targets.
- Work with all functions and regions to ensure supply position is aligned to the company strategy and sales challenges. This includes regional leaders in Europe, Asia and South America.
- Manage inventory network optimization and inventory target deployment for region (including consignment stock in coop with Sales).
- Manage the supply, distribution and fulfilment for all products coming into the region and distributed within the region
- Issue monthly SC report for region (actual vs. plan, address deviations and next month's plan).
- Manage and review performance of third party (Logistic) service providers.
- Manage the import duties for the region (including possible duty suspension).
- Design and implement supply chain projects within the region;
- Provide training and direction to less experienced staff.
- Work together with the Sales Support team, ensure optimum customer service is given at all times, maintaining effective and constructive working relationships. Bring fresh ideas to enable the Company to deliver products to customers more effectively;
- Drive root cause analysis and corrective actions of all quality issues within the region;
- Support trade compliance by monitoring the changing country specific import/export regulations;
- Work with Commercial, Product Management and Logistics to ensure supply planning is aligned to the service level targets, the company strategy and sales challenges;
You have a Bachelor’s level in Supply Chain/Logistics with at least 5 years of relevant working experience in the Chemical industry in a global Supply Chain role. Preferred are candidates who have experience in working with European and Asian suppliers in container quantities. You are well familiar with MS Office and have sound excel experience (power user), ERP system & Business intelligence.
You have excellent communication and social skills. You are a self-starter, take initiatives and drive to results. You are always driven on improving efficiency and focused on quality and improvement of work. You have the “hands on” experience with willingness to engage where and when needed. You are experienced in Managing Projects and have the ability to manage several projects at the same time. You are a team player and can act independent at the same time. You have strongly developed analytical and problem solving skills. You possess strong leadership skills in engaging and motivating a team.
If you are interested in this position, please send your letter of application including a full resume by email to:
Kitty Dominicus, HR Assistant @: email@example.com with reference to Regional Supply Chain Manager, North America.
Please note that IGM Resins will respond to inquiries that we view as qualified for the role.