As a result of our business growth, we are looking for a Product Manager - Photoinitiator Business. Reporting to the vice president photoinitiators.
The Product Manager is responsible for profit maximization by leading and owning major business activities which includes day to day tactics, short and long-term product roadmap, developing competitive pricing strategies and optimization of asset utilization . This person is seen as the lead that understands the market and competitive landscape to determine associated impact to product volume and price fluctuations on a monthly basis. This person will work in a matrixed environment which requires to interface with regional and global teams including planning, commercial, sales, operations, marketing, supply chain, quality, customer service and other functions.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Define and execute pricing strategies
- Profit maximization through both pricing and asset utilization.
- Support commercial teams defining contract terms and incentive processes including developing strategy, negotiating, and maintaining the terms of the contract.
- The Product Manager leads and owns major business activities which includes day to day tactics, short and long-term product roadmap and developing competitive pricing strategies that maximize profitability.
- Communicate pricing trends, price increases/justifications and other relevant information to appropriate stakeholders.
- Develop and execute price increase announcements.
- Utilize analytics to identify incremental value add opportunities.
- Implement new and modified pricing tools and processes.
- Proactively identify and champion price improvement opportunities within the business.
- Serve as primary clearinghouse for competitive prices within the business segments. Track and understand competitive pricing activities in the market.
- Manage pricing floors and set up approval process.
Product Line Management
- Work with VP Photoinitiator Business and Regional Business Managers on Product Line Strategy implementation.
- Develop appropriate responses to complex customer pricing issues.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to execute growth strategies and business improvement efforts.
- Support commercial teams to establish value-in-use pricing targets for select applications.
- Responsible for summarizing financial implications concerning customer complaints .
- Manage product performance: sales, margin & volumes, conducting extensive numerical analysis using company data.
Sales and Operational Planning Support
- Support efforts to analyse rolling 12-month demand plan at the product level and plan for various scenarios
- Resolution of short-term conflicts in planning and management of short term allocation situations in cooperation with Business Team.
Market and Competitive Intelligence
- Track and understand major drivers for each product by market segments.
- Construction and analysis of historical and future supply and demand of the products in the portfolio.
- Analysis of submarkets using defined segmentation.
Critical Success Competencies Include
- Analytical Skillset – The ability to recognizing fundamental elements of a situation, clarifying the situation, examining the facts and making assumptions and to evaluate, interpret and integrate.
- Ability to influence without Authority - Thrives to work in a matrixed environment which means interacting with various functions without them directing reporting to this position.
- Global approach – experience of working in a truly global, dynamic environment and building pricing strategies across multiple currencies.
- Product/ Business Planning – has developed and executed business plans, developed product roadmaps, developed and understands income statements.
- Delivers Results – demonstrated understanding of the importance of consistently delivering results and clear evidence of ability to do so in multiple environments/situations.
- Customer Focus – A drive to discover and understand why customers choose our products against next best alternatives
- Leadership of Change – Passion for doing things that make a difference. Highly collaborative work style.
- Infectious positive attitude – High energy level. Ability to stay calm in time sensitive environment.
- Sense of Urgency – A bias for taking action; spontaneous recognition of problems and opportunities
Experience and Background
Our preferred candidate has a Bachelor’s Degree and demonstrated experience in product management and/or pricing management. You have at least 5 years prior experience in sales, marketing, product management and/or supply chain.
You possess complex project leadership experience and capability and have a strong business/financial acumen. Candidates from the UV / Inks / Coatings experience are preferred.
If you are interested in this challenging position, please send your letter of application including a full resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact Monique Slaats, Global HR Director at email@example.com