For our North American Business Unit, we are looking for a:
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Reporting to the Global HR Director
Part time [3 days / week ] | Charlotte, NC
The HR Generalist maintains and enhances the regional organization's human resources by managing and executing the day-to-day HR operations. You manage the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs and carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: departmental development, employee and union relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development and employment.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Executes the HR strategy as set out by the Regional & Global HR Managers
- Prepares, updates and recommends human resource policies and procedures and ensures [legal] compliance.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employment offers and contracts;
- Arranges payroll with local [external] salary administration offices and communicates changes every pay period;
- Time management: time and badges check, holidays, illness. Time management with an impact on pay roll
- Manages the bi-weekly payroll through the outsourced payroll program.
- Ensures that the Personnel administration is present and up to date, including security and insurance, injuries declaration, new Hiring declaration.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Evaluates, maintains & administers employee benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends;
- Recommends benefit programs to the HR Director; obtains and evaluates benefit contract offers and in accordance with the HR Director awarding benefit contracts.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hire, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Works closely with the location’s Health & Safety responsible team members to ensure a safe working environment;
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource legal requirements and is aware of relevant laws and regulations and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks;
- Sends periodic and ad-hoc HR reporting to HR Leadership;
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- All other occurring departmental tasks and responsibilities
Scope of team: 50-70 FTE
- Office environment; noise level is usually moderate.
- Manufacturing environment; when in the plant, the employee is required to wear safety glasses with side protective shields, safety shoes that are non-skid and hard hats. Production floor noise level may require hearing protection. May be exposed to external weather and dust at times.
You have a Bachelors Degree in Human Resources Management and at least 5 years of experience in an comparable position in an [international] manufacturing company. You have specific knowledge of applicable state, regional & federal laws & regulations.
As a person, you are reliable, accurate, empathic and you have a positive approach. You are an independent professional with strong problem solving capabilities and an excellent communicator.
If you are interested in this position, please send your letter of application including a full resume and references by email to: Kitty Dominicus, HR Assistant @: firstname.lastname@example.org