Great Opportunity for a Purchasing / Supply chain professional in Charlotte, NC. IGM Resins is a leading marketer and manufacturer of UV Radcure specialties which are formulated into inks, coatings, adhesives and a wide variety of UV applications.
The Buyer-Planner will be responsible for procurement of indirect materials, products and services need for the operation of IGM Resins Charlotte, NC site. Essential job duties for the successful candidate include:
- Prepares documentation and coordinates process for requests for quotes (RFQ), requests for information (RFI), for materials, repairs and operations (MRO) and capital investments. Conducts total cost analysis and recommends courses of action for expenditures above their authority.
- Negotiates or renegotiates, and administers contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Determines material requirements for resale products and purchases quantities necessary for sales and manufacturing operation of the organization.
- Conducts the purchase of machinery, equipment, tools, services and supplies necessary for operation of the organization.
- Analyzes price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine total cost of ownership and reasonable prices.
- Maintains and reviews computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, and inventories.
- Confers with personnel, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determines corrective action.
- Expedites delivery of materials, goods, and services.
- Evaluates and monitors contract performance to determine need for changes and to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Arbitrates claims and resolves complaints generated during performance of contract.
- May perform other duties as required
You must have a Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field, two years’ experience in global procurement or supply chain related fields, strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders and 3-5 years’ work experience. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and outlook as well as MRP software experience is also required. C.P.M or CPSM certification is preferred.
The ideal candidates will be located in Charlotte, NC USA – relocation assistance is not offered. The company offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience for this position.
If you are interested in this challenging position, please send your letter of application including a full resume and references by email to our Human Resources team @: firstname.lastname@example.org